Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Hierdie bladsy is 'n besprekingsbladsy waar verbeteringe tot die Bbc.co.uk-artikel bespreek word.
Hierdie bladsy is nie 'n forum vir 'n algemene bespreking van die artikel se onderwerp nie.
Wat presies is die doel van hierdie artikel? Dit sê niks. Is hierdie werklik die belangrikste ding waaraan ons nou moet werk? Gaan ons 'n artikel vir elke webwerf maak? Indien nie, hoe gaan ons kies? --Alias (kontak) 11:58, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- no not for every website, it's just this is the official name for the bbc website, unlike youtube, you cant call the bbc website the BBC because then you are refering to the actualy company. On other interwikis its also called BBC.CO.UK so i decided to call it the same. If the name should be changed to the 'BBC webwerf' then move it then. I just think its a very important website. please dont think im going to create EVERY website URL. I mean good. Bezuidenhout (kontak) 14:42, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- I repeat my question: What exactly is the purpose of the article? There are many important websites in the world (and many ways of deciding that a website is important). This page currently says nothing, and I can't imagine what would be important enough to say that would justify an encyclopedia article (while we are lacking in many traditionally encyclopedia topics). Aren't we trying to write an encyclopedia? --Alias (kontak) 15:55, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- The article should cover the BBC's online service (a full translation of the English article would be desirable). By the way, Swedish Television SVT has more information on the future of the BBC (a video presentation delivered by the BBC's Simon Nelson, see www.svt.se - Mediacenter - Om SVT: Public Service-Dagen 2008. --Voyageur (kontak) 16:13, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Look, you are confusing me. This article CURENTLEY is just a saadjie and hasn't fully developed yet, so there isnt much information. The purpose of the article is to be able for afrikaans speakersto be able to easily read to article to gain information. i don't get what you're annoyed about Bezuidenhout (kontak) 17:54, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Oops, I just want to point out that some features of the BBC's Online Service might be of interest to foreign (Afrikaans-speaking) readers. The information that "bbc.co.uk" is the official website is a tautology for most internet users (this is what Alias was referring to). --Voyageur (kontak) 18:27, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- So what did i do wrong and what can i do? would it be nessesary to write down all the language available on bbc.co.uk?
- There was nothing wrong with your stub - Alias was just wondering why this website should have its own entry in our encyclopedia. The discussion centered on the relevance of this entry. Actually, both the BBC's online service and Wikipedia are online media and extensions of other platforms, i.e. written media and TV. Adriaan has added more information - there is no doubt that the article is relevant now as to Wikipedia's standards. --Voyageur (kontak) 19:33, 11 September 2008 (UTC)